Monday, August 17, 2009

'betes Camp.

Holy crap. Diabetes camp is more fun than your body has room for. Really. Don't believe me? When was the last time you laughed so hard you thought you were going to pee? Or vomit? That's what I thought...

Seriously. Camp was fun, and crazy, and exhausting. My cabin was hands down the best cabin I've ever had. My co-counselors were off the Rad-ness chart.


Here's the cabin on "What I want to be when I grow up day".
Conveniently I'd like to be a bike mechanic.



I ate my body weight in Teddy Grahams, swam across Merrymeeting Lake (twice), got proposed to (it was fake), participated in a cabin debate about said proposal (really, girls, it was fake...), forgot about diabetes, hunted vampires, built rockets, thought about diabetes, told jokes, went on some top secret ninja/robin hooding missions, respected tradition, gave a boatload of hugs, fell asleep on the dock, woke up at 2:00am, woke up at 4:45am, woke up at 6:00am, filled out paperwork, complained about paperwork, felt normal, and the list goes on... I'm sure you all will be forced to hear about it in the months to come.

Notice that "planning for the future" is not on the list. I'm really enjoying not having a job, or anything in particular to do. I know I can't keep it up forever, but... Right now I'm at a coffee shop using the internet and eavesdropping on a conversation between a middle-aged man and his music teacher about his experience at "euphonium camp". Jealous? You should be.

I'm going to pick up JeffThib from the airport tomorrow, now that he's back from a little place I like to call Australia. Then I'm going to head north to anticipate becoming an aunt (probably within the week!). I'm pretty stoked. I'm going to spoil the $#*! out of that baby... And then give her back to her mom when she gets cranky. Stay posted for aunt-hood and other important(ish) updates...

No comments: