Saturday, June 27, 2009

Adventurin' Day 1

This post is dedicated to A-Ron and Brad (why?... stay tuned!)

And I'm off!

I'm amazed that I got everything squared away. Three weeks ago I had a (so-so) job, an (awesome) apartment, and twice as many (unnecessary) belongings. Today is a different story. Last weekend I had a very successful yard sale, with thanks to Ava for the help and moral support! So now I'm down to just what I could fit into, and on top of, the wimpy.

I left Sellwood at 4:00pm. The Hot Dog got in the truck at noon. I think she was worried I was going to leave her behind. She's totally exhausted now, which is why I was able to get this picture of her:

I think it's a pretty good one. She's hard to photo, because she's always moving around so much.


Things went great for the first 50 miles (50 down...3150 to go), then at 6:00pm this happened:

RIP alternator.

Yes. I have AAA.

But, this was Millersburg. AAA would only bring me to Millersburg, which is not anyplace I'd care to be...so A-Ron and Brad to the rescue. One wobbly trailer ride to Eugene, one wrong alternator, one right one and one night sleeping on the dudes' couch later the Wimpy is back in business! On to MTB and hanging out with the Eugene folks...

2 comments:

Ryan, Your Friendly Neighborhood ADA Guy said...

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/83293/detail/

saw this and thought you'd get a kick out of it...3150 miles to go!

Mr. e said...

Bummer about your truck! Yay A-ron and Brad! Have fun, you!