Friday, June 19, 2009

Hello! and Welcome!

Hi there friends.

Why have a web log? Two reasons:

A.) I'm leaving Portland, Oregon for Portland, Maine. With adventure in between! With the help of internet technology, if you care to, you can see what I'm up to. Chances are I'm going to see some cool stuff as I drive East, and I'll post it here. Plus, if you know what I'm up to you don't have to worry about me (that means you L-Mac).

B.) I hate the word 'blog'. Therefore this is a 'web log', not a 'blog'.

So, enough word hatin'...what's the plan? I'll tell you.

1. Finish up one week at work.
2. Pack the Wimpy and the Hot Dog and I will hit the road (the Wimpy is my 2000 GMC Sonoma, the Hot Dog is my 2004 Black Lab...).


3. Drive to Eugene, ride mountain bikes
4. Drive to Bend, ride mountain bikes
5. Do more driving, and stopping to ride bikes...

So far that's it. I'm trying to make an un-plan for this trip. Which is more difficult than it sounds. Check back for more un-plans.

Thanks for reading my web log. See you soon.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

I love "un-plans" they're awesome!
With the right kind of planning, a really good "un-plan" is the best! Yeah!

Word of advice... don't overload the Wimpy, drink plenty of water and get lots of rest. And if they have a pre-paid (pay as you go) wireless USB internet stick-kind-of-thing in Portland. Get one of those for your Mac. It makes getting online to post and check email much more convenient. (And you don't have to drink bad Starbucks coffee just to get the free WiFi.)

Looking forward to following your travels, EM...

Be safe... Love you! xoxox DAD

Unknown said...

Hi Em
We found you. We are happy to hear you are heading for the East Coast.
Have fun on your un-planned journey.
Anxious to see you .
Love you
Mem and Pep

Ann said...

Sounds exciting!