Monday, July 6, 2009

I had a great time hanging out with Anna in Omaha, Nebraska last night. A little dinner, catching up, and ballroom dancing competition on TV was exactly what I needed after a loooooong day of driving. I felt like I was driving through a giant golf course- it was all green rolling hills. Hill after hill after hill. I kept thinking that there should be windmills out there. It seemed windy enough, and there's plenty of space, so it seems like a good idea to me...

Well, it turns out all of the windmills are next door... in Iowa:





I took a bunch of pictures because I think windmills are a brilliant idea (as seen in my debate arguments during 'energy week' in 7th grade), and there's something kind of eerie about seeing dozens of these giant moving structures on the horizon. So they're cool and creepy.

And... check this out:



The blades (?) are wicked huge. Crazy. Speaking of huge, the second most exciting thing that I got to see was this:



Windmills and truckstops. So there you go.

Now I'm on my way to Quakertown PA to hang out with Grandpa...

No comments: