Friday, July 3, 2009

Yellowstone

Oh, Yellowstone.

I camped out at Madison Campground with every family west of the Rockies and 10,000 mosquitoes. I forgot about those guys.

Here are some things I learned about the park:

1. It's (arguably) the world's first National Park.

2. It's dangerous. Look:


Check out the lady standing there screaming and pointing.

3. It's ok to bring your 40 foot RV (towing an SUV) and run your generator for 12 hours a day. But these are NOT ok:

Those happen to be a couple of my favorite things.

4. I went for a run to make up for the lack of (allowed) bike riding. I felt terrible. I was feeling so bad, and out of breath, and out of shape when I passed a sign that said "Madison Junction: elevation 6806". I guess I don't have to feel so bad about having a bad run at 6700 feet higher than I'm used to... Right? That's going to be the excuse I stick with.

Despite the annoying mosquitoes and generators, I did get to see some amazing stuff.



That's just a sneak peek. There are more photos here.

I drove to the Southern entrance of YNP and passed on through Grand Tetons NP, and now I'm having a great time in Jackson Hole. More to come...

No comments: