Thursday, July 2, 2009

I.D.A.H.O.

I love that Middlefork trail. Photos here.

Bend was rad.



As soon as I set foot into Pine Mountain Sports Dan said "Hey Emily! What are you doing this afternoon? Wanna work on some repairs?" And I'm a sucker for fixin' bikes... so I spent the afternoon hanging out, talking shop, replacing shock bushings. I really do love my occupation.

After that Dan and Michelle were kind enough to let the Hot Dog and I stay with them in their beautiful house. She made a couple of dog friends, too.

I got to ride Phil's Trails. It's a great network of single track just outside of town. The trails are super smooth and flowing... Oh, man, it's fun stuff. It's the kind of riding that if you're paying attention you don't really need to use your brakes, it's so well planned out. Plus, there's this:



Jumps and berms? Yes, please! I'm usually the kind to keep two wheels on the ground, but this trail makes it so easy and fun to get airborn it's hard to resist.

I left Bend and drove through eastern Oregon, which is remarkably different than west of the Cascades. It's beautiful. And then....Idaho! Good-bye, Oregon. Until next time...

I stayed in one of Idaho's finest Thibodeau campgrounds. That's really all I have to say about Idaho. I'm sure it's a great place, but I'm just breezing through on my way to Yellowstone...

3 comments:

Shannon C. said...

Shannon's brilliance shines: the link to the Thibodeau campground stumped me for almost a solid minute.

Esther cm said...

LOL! Good tip Emily. I am glad I checked the link. Bathrooms and everything, huh?

Hub Bicycle Co said...

There are worse places to spend the night... Just park yourself between a couple of the the RVs that are always at the back of the parking lot...